Purchase Terms and Conditions
Thank you so much for your consideration in purchasing from my store. You must carefully read through the following information regarding my products, and agree to these terms, before you to purchase.
All orders are packed carefully and shipped in the order they are received, closely following the forecast for spring shipping; fall shipment orders ship regardless of the weather; there is no big concern for tulip bulbs and corms to freeze. You have supplied us with your email address when placing your order, so you will receive a shipping confirmation email with the package tracking number when we print your shipping label. You will get another email once it is scanned and in transit, and another email when it has been delivered. Merchandise orders are fulfilled and shipped by Printful.
Sarah's Cut Flowers is not responsible or liable for:
- Disappearing packages after they were marked as delivered by Canada Post, or the courier service, at the address provided on the order
- Packages that have been waiting at your local post office for pickup because they could not be delivered to the address provided
- Returned packages that could not be delivered to the address provided on the order; refunds will no longer be issued
- Packages lost or damaged in transit by the carrier or post office
- Any duties or customs fees charged from merchandise orders
Shipping is a very labor intensive and manual process. Combining orders into one shipment adds a significant amount of processing time, but we have decided to allow 1 extra order to combine shipping for free. Any subsequent orders placed can be added into one shipment with an extra fee of $8 per order to account for added shipping costs. If we ever decide to offer free shipping, your order totals cannot be combined to receive free shipping. Since there has been confusion in the past at checkout, we ask that you pay for your shipping on subsequent orders at checkout, and you will be refunded the fee at the time of processing less $8.
I have a 10-day return policy, which means you have 10 days after receiving your item(s) to request a return on flower bulbs, corms, and tubers only. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO FRESH FLOWERS INCLUDING CHRISTMAS PRODUCTS OR MERCHANDISE.
To be eligible for a return, you must request via email at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, you need to pay for your own expedited (tracked) shipping to ship your items back; instructions on how and where to send your package will be provided. Items sent back to me without first requesting a return will not be accepted. Once items are received back, you will receive a refund on the items returned less a $5 restocking fee; shipping and handling are non-refundable.
Cancelled orders are subject to a $5 cancellation fee or 5% of your order, whichever is greater, to cover processing and restocking fees.
Once an order has been packed or shipped, we cannot make changes to your order. Merchandise is not eligible for cancellations.
Memberships cannot be cancelled.
DAMAGES AND ISSUES
Please inspect your order upon receiving it, and contact us immediately if the item is damaged, or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and do our best to make it right.
If an order is shipped to the address provided by the buyer and is returned by the post office, or the order is refused/returned to us for any reason, the purchaser forfeits their order and a refund will not be issued. If you wish to re-ship your order, new shipping/handling charges will apply.
If your order tracking shows that your package has been delivered, we ask that you take the tracking number provided in the shipment email, to your local post office for assistance in locating your package. Many times a package will be incorrectly marked delivered, but taken back to the post office for pickup, as your mail delivery person did not feel safe leaving the package at that time. We are not liable for packages left at your delivery address and refunds cannot be issued.
Dahlia tubers will be shipped with a viable eye even if you cannot see the eye. We have been dividing dahlias for many, many years and know what to look for, how to divide them, and what a dahlia tuber needs to be viable and grow. Often during the dividing and storing process, the eyes can disappear as the tubers re-enter a dormant stage, but as long as the tuber has the body, neck, and crown---it will have an eye(s) and grow.
If you tubers arrive moldy or rotten, this is not normal or acceptable. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. THIS MUST BE DONE WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RECEIVING. Growing performance AFTER PLANTING is beyond our control and the responsibility of the grower.
Email email@example.com with a photo to inquire about refund. We do our very best to ensure this doesn't happen, by storing and shipping in vermiculite, but sometimes conditions are beyond our control and this happens. Often if it is a light dusting of mold on a dry tuber, you can wipe it off, let air dry, and it will grow absolutely fine. If tuber grows mold whilst you have it waiting to plant it, I cannot be held liable for this situation, and refunds will not be issued.
Sarah's Cut Flowers is not liable for the following situations, buyer assumes all risk:
- Growing performance AFTER PLANTING is beyond our control and the responsibility of the grower
- Due to the unique growing requirements for corms, bulbs and tubers, we cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or failure to grow resulting from weather or poor soil conditions (rot, mold, wind, draught, cold, heat) of any of our products sold
- Loss, damage or failure to grow resulting from rodent, animal, or insect damage, disease, or pests
- Anomalies in color or shape due to mother nature creating mutations during the growing season
- Malformed blooms or green centers due to insect damage (lygus, thrips, etc.) during the growing season
- Bi-color varieties turning solid, or any kind of somatic variation in the plant DNA during the growing season
- Failure of products that were either forced, grown in pots, or further divided from what you had received
- Failure of plugs or shoots taking from our product
- Poor customer care or customer negligence
- Frozen product if you insist on early spring shipping
- Product loss or damage that was left unattended or exposed too cold or hot temperatures, or animals
- Packages disappearing after they had been marked as delivered by Canada Post at the address that you have provided on the order
- Additional shipping costs if the original address provided was undeliverable
- Packages lost because the provided shipping address was incorrect, or not updated if changed after order was placed (ex. you moved)
For more info on dahlia tubers, please read here.